With just a week to go until in-cosmetics Korea 2019 opens its doors at the Coex Exhibition Centre in Seoul, we have rounded up the top five reasons to visit the only event in Korea dedicated to personal care ingredients.
1. INNOVATION: When it comes to innovation, there’s no question that Korea is at the epicentre of the beauty industry. So, it’s no surprise that more than 300 companies from all over the world are expected to showcase their latest innovations and technologies at this year’s exhibition. Of these, 63 are brand new to the event, with many coming from countries outside South Korea including Chile, France, Mexico and Peru. They will all be demonstrating recent developments in personal care ingredients and raw materials predominantly but also services, software, testing, research and fragrances.
Visitors looking for the hottest new ingredients and product concepts to hit the industry should visit the Innovation Zone, the biggest in history at the show. Showcasing raw material products launched within the last eight months, the Innovation Zone offers new ideas and inspiration for next generation formulations.
2. INSPIRATION: K-beauty is more than just a trend, it’s a cosmetic revolution that has elevated the Korean personal care market within the global beauty industry. In response to this, the organisers have launched a K-Beauty Inspiration Zone, which is dedicated to showcasing the latest insights behind K-Beauty formulation science and inspiring innovation in the current market. Visitors will be able to touch and feel the top 10 best-selling K-Beauty products, as well as 10 of the hottest products to launch in 2019. They will also be able to hear about how K-Beauty has been embraced around the world from the USA, Europe, China, Japan and South East Asia and hear about the 20 future beauty trends for K-Beauty.
3. INFORMATION: Education is a huge part of in-cosmetics Korea and this year is no different. A programme of Marketing Trends & Regulations presentations will focus on the issues affecting the Korean and Global beauty markets today. With topics such as decoding skin sensitivity, how Halal beauty is redefining the Asian cosmetic market, new Korean advertisement regulations and how to survive in today’s competitive environment, there is no better place to prepare for the future. Throughout the three-day event speakers from Mintel, Euromonitor International, Kline, BEAUTYSTREAMS, GlobalData, Shiseido and the Korea Cosmetics Industry Institute (KCII) will share exclusive insights, case studies and data.
Also offering up-to-date industry insights will be a series of Technical Seminars, designed to provide an overview of the latest innovative personal care ingredients. Top suppliers including Incospharma Corporation, Bloomage Biotechnology Corp., Ltd, Lubrizol, Sachem Inc., and Ajinomoto Healthy Supply Co., Inc will deliver technical presentations exploring the extracellular roles of autophagy and the restoration of healthy hydrolipidic film; solutions for skin barrier protection; and the distinctive visual effects in low viscosity cleansers. The sessions are curated to inspire and help attendees find alternative products for existing projects and obtain more information about a product or claim directly from the supplier.
4. PRACTICAL TRAINING: In addition to theoretical learning, in-cosmetics Korea also provides delegates with an opportunity to practically apply training. Aimed at R&D lab staff working for cosmetic/contract manufacturers, the Formulation Lab – housed in a purpose built, fully-equipped laboratory on the show floor – provides hands-on training sessions revealing the secrets to creating winning formulations. R&D professionals who attend the sessions can find out more about the formulation of a W/O cream SPF20 – Emulium Illustro, which won the Gold Innovation Award in the Functional Ingredient category at in-cosmetics Global 2019; and MIZOAN CleanEmul-7300 – an EO-free, moisturising, high purity surfactant.
5. NETWORKING: Meeting new and established international suppliers is one of the key reasons visitors attend in-cosmetics Korea. The event offers multiple opportunities to network, do business and hold face-to-face problem-solving discussions with over 300 ingredient suppliers – large and small – from all over the world.
And MATCHMAKING (NEW): With so much to do and see at the show, a new matchmaking service at in-cosmetics Korea will connect attendees with exhibitors, tailored to their needs. Attendees can use it to locate specific products, find suppliers and discover educational sessions that focus on a particularly scientific field. It enables attendees to maximise their time at the show while improving opportunities to meeting new suppliers and discuss potential R&D projects.