North America’s most interactive personal care ingredients event will return to the Javits Center in New York from 17-18 October with a new programme designed to bring one of the fastest-growing sectors of the industry to the event.
Indie brands are causing a huge stir this year with a multitude of new launches in the cosmetics sphere from newer, smaller and start-up companies. Defined by indiebrandbuilder.com as purpose driven; independently funded; design conscious; in small batches; and using non-traditional marketing, the rise of the indie brand has been evidenced even further by e-commerce giant Amazon recently announcing the advent of an Indie Beauty Shop within its Marketplace.
To further support the indie sector, the event will provide brand owners with invaluable networking opportunities, through its new Talk to the Indies programme. An exciting addition to this year’s show, the initiative will run across both days, with brand owners able to meet leading suppliers and consultants. A dedicated session on 17 October will cover the major challenges faced by indie brands, including distribution, reaching out to consumers and upcoming trends.
Additionally, Speednetworking sessions, held on the second day, will present an invaluable opportunity for suppliers to speak to representatives from indie brand owners, who have signed up to the initiative. This is an opportunity open to all exhibitors until 18 October.
Seven other reasons to visit in-cosmetics North America:
- Formulation Lab – cosmetic chemists will learn from expert formulators who will give helpful tips and practical advice.
- Sensory Bar – provides a hands-on chance to sample innovative textures, tastes and smells, such as heating and cooling, surprising tastes and evocative fragrances.
- Make Up Bar – helps brands identify innovative pigments and technologies to deliver captivating and trend-setting colour cosmetics products.
- Innovation Zone – highlights raw materials and technologies launched in the last eight months before, allowing manufacturers to gain inspiration.
- Formulation Challenge – mystery personal care ingredients are given to expert teams from cosmetic and contract manufacturers, who then have 90 minutes to produce a marketable formulation.
- Focus on Marketing Tours – takes marketing professionals around key areas at show, offering inspiration and the perfect networking platform.
- Educational programme – a two-day programme of Marketing Trends and Technical Seminars delivered by those at the top of the industry
Speaking ahead of the 2018 edition of the event, Daniel Zanetti, exhibition director of in-cosmetics North America, comments: ‘We can’t wait to bring the show back to North America for our third edition and introduce the new elements we have been developing. The Talk to the Indies programme answers a demand, particularly in this region of the world, and we look forward to watching it unfold.
‘We have extensively polled exhibitors and visitors alike to understand exactly what they want from our events and – with interactivity being key – we expect in-cosmetics North America 2018 to be a big hit. The show will provide unrivalled educational value and networking and business opportunities.’