The Cosmetic Toiletry & Fragrance Association of South Africa (CTFA) will host a workshop on waste management with a focus on microbeads in cosmetic products on 18 September and invites both members and non members to attend.
As regulations in waste management gain pace in South Africa, the workshop will focus on waste management and alternative strategies to reduce the carbon footprint caused by the use of microbeads.
The workshop will have representation from the Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries (DEFF) with industry raw ingredient suppliers presenting on unique technologically advanced and environmentally friendly alternatives.
Who should attend?
- Regulatory Staff
- Research and development chemists
- Marketing staff
- Regulations: waste Management
- Alternatives to microbeads
- 8.45 to 9am – Registration
- 9 to 9.05am – Welcome and introduction – Adelia Pimentel CTFA executive director
- 9.05 to 9.45 – Waste management: microbeads – Dumisani Buthelezi Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries (DEFF)
- 9.45 to 10.15 – Microbead alternatives: FT Wax and natural wax speheres – Kim MacCallum Vantage
- 10.15 to 11.00 – Microbead alternatives: Jojoba exfoliants – Liesl Keulder Cirebelle
Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2019
Time: 09H00 – 11H00
Venue: 59 Woodlands Avenue, Hurlingham Office Park, Block B, Ground Floor, Suite 2, Hurlingham
Cost: Free to CTFA members
R450.00 to non-members