The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) is looking for a Deputy Manager (office manager in the office of the CEO).
SAHPRA is the National Medicines Regulatory Authority established in terms of the Medicines and Related Substances Act, 1965, (Act No. 101 of 1965) as amended, to provide for the monitoring, evaluation, regulation, investigation, inspection, registration and control of medicines, scheduled substances, clinical trials and medical devices, and related matters in the public interest.
- Deputy Manager (Office Manager In The Office Of The Ceo)
- Ref No.: SAHPRA 001/2020
- Salary: DPSA Equivalent Level 12 TCE (Non-OSD)
- Centre: Pretoria
- Three-year degree in commerce, business administration or communications.
- Experience in project management and stakeholder management would be an advantage.
- Minimum three years relevant experience in supervisory or middle management.
- Knowledge of South African laws and health sector regulations is an advantage.
- An understanding of and insight into government departments and public entities. •The post holder must be a holder of a valid driver’s licence and have his or her own vehicle, as the job will require travel.
- Knowledge of Public Service Legislation and related policies.
- Knowledge of PFMA and public entities.
- Familiar with and keeps updated on governance developments.
- Uses discretion and always maintains confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to work independently.
- Works to improve communication, cooperation and planning in the Office of the CEO.
- Project Management skills.
- Monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of Batho Pele principles.
- Communication, letter and report writing, presentation creativity, computer literacy.
- Problem solving and innovative thinker.
- Management and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A sense of duty and responsibility.
- Adaptability to change.
- Pays attention to detail, quick learner, and ability to work under pressure.
- Be familiar with MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint – intermediate level), Internet/ intranet, Skype/Zoom/Google meet etc.
- Office Support:
- Assuming day-to-day responsibility for projects and tasks in the office of the CEO.
- Creating and maintaining cross-departmental relationships.
- Facilitates: Internal communications with Communications team; Operational support; Board of Directors engagements; Supervising, mentoring, training other executive and program assistants.
- Organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Direct Support of the CEO:
- Strategically managing CEO’s time.
- Meeting preparation and follow up.
- Reviewing Internal and External Communications.
- Monitoring information flow and acting as a gatekeeper.
- Meeting and event preparation.
Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must:
Be made on Z83 forms (obtainable http://www.dpsa.gov.za/dpsa2g/ documents/forms/employ.pdf or from any Government department).
Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates must use the post reference numbers), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of three referees and recently certified copies of ID and qualification/s. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
A separate application form must be completed for each post. SAHPRA will not be liable where applicants use incorrect or no reference number on their applications.
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the required certified documentation as indicated. Do not make enquiries to this address.
No late or faxed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from SAHPRA within three months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by SAHPRA.
Applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records, citizenship status and previous employment.
SAHPRA is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
Enquiries: Ms S. Molepo, Tel: +27 71 605 1508. Email: email@example.com (Do not send applications to this email address).
Closing Date: 21 February 2020 at 16H00