New Betadine Emtrix Fungal Nail Solution is clinically proven to improve nail appearance in one week1A – and it’s the number one nail solution in the USA, Sweden and Taiwan.”2,3,4
The first steps of open-toed freedom into the warm weather across South Africa need not be shaming for fingers and toes that have spent too long under the covers of lockdown and winter.
Shannon te Roller, GM of Mundipharma SA, distributors of Betadine products in southern Africa, says unsightly nails on feet and hands are a real part of the social anxiety of stepping out into summer weather.
Fungal nail infections
Betadine Emtrix Fungal Nail Solution is used to treat discoloured and deformed nails resulting from fungal infection or psoriasis1B – and within eight weeks, it improves nail thickening, discolouration, brittleness and softness. Results are noticeable after one week of treatment.5
Fungal nail infections affect 19% of adults across the world6, 50% of the elderly7, as well as children8. Psoriasis affects 2-3%9B of the population, 80% of whom could have nail psoriasis9A. Betadine Emtrix Fungal Nail Solution is applied directly to the site of infection and changes the nail itself, improving the surface and keeping it in good condition.1B,C
“Fungal infections and nail psoriasis can be painful and far more than a cosmetic nuisance,” adds Te Roller. “Betadine Emtrix Fungal Nail Solution is another innovative product from Mundipharma which keeps putting its best feet forward in its efforts to meet medical needs in South Africa.”
BETADINE EMTRIX Fungal Nail Solution is currently available at selected Clicks stores and leading pharmacies across South Africa.
1. BETADINE™ EMTRIX™ Fungal Nail Solution Instructions for Use, December 2018.
2. USA: Symphony IRI ending 12/29/2019.
3. Nielsen Scantrack, Market: Apotek Totalt, Ending Period: W 2019 36.
4. Nielsen Retail Audit data: Sales Volume (‘000units) – PCS&COOP Pharmacy I Period ended December 2018.
5. Piraccini BM, Starace M, Toft A. Early Visible Improvements during K101-03 Treatment: An Open-Label Multicenter Clinical Investigation in Patients with Onychomycosis and/or Nail Psoriasis. Dermatology 2017; 233:178-183.
6. Akhtar N, Sharma H, Pathak K. Onychomycosis: Potential of Nail Lacquers in Transungual Delivery of Antifungals. Scientifica 2016; ArticleID:1387936, 12 pages.
7. Hultenby K, et al. The Effect of K101 Nail Solution on Trichophyton rubrum and Candida albicans growth and ultrastructure. Mycoses 2014; 57:630-638.Elewski BE. Onychomycosis: Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Management. ClinicaMicrobiologyReviews1998;11(3):415–429.
8. Rosen T. Concepts in Onychomycosis Treatment and Recurrence Prevention: An Update. Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, 2016; 35(3S):S56-S59.
9. Dogra A, Arora AK. Nail Psoriasis: The Journey So Far. Indian J Dermatol. 2014;59(4):319–33.